Want to lean more about Operation New Hope’s Ready4Work program? Please call us at 904.425.6002 or click here.
Become a Ready4Work Client
Mistakes are often costly and painful; however, no mistake is too great to overcome. If you want to give yourself a better life and are ready to make a lasting change, Ready4Work can help. Recognized nationally, Ready4Work is a program within Operation New Hope providing ex-offenders with the skills and support necessary to re-enter the community workforce as a productive and responsible citizen. The program provides case management, employment skills training, life coaching and job placement, and works with other local organizations to provide support for barriers that may keep you from gaining employment or enjoying a stable life.
- 18 years-of-age and over
- On DOC probation or recently charged/released/arrested (within the last year) from a DOC facility
- Charge is non-violent or non-sexual
- Resident of Duval, Clay, St. Johns or Nassau County
- Qualified applicants are asked to provide the following information prior to enrollement; Valid government issued I.D. or Driver’s license, Social Security number, printed copy of background check, and proof of most recent education level (if possible)
- Actively participate in all applicable program requirements (Career Development Course, Case Managment, Life Coaching, Job Coaching/Follow-up)
- Pass initial and random drug screenings for length of program
- JTA bus pass to attend Ready4Work classes
- Professional job interview attire
- Certificate of completion
Become a Ready4Work Business Partner
Nationally, nearly 70 percent of offenders released from incarceration will re-enter the prison system within three years. However, Ready4Work, Jacksonville’s most highly recognized re-entry assistance program, has a recidivism rate of less than 15 percent. Recidivism is often related to an ex-offender’s ability to access employment within the community. Clients in the Ready4Work program are non-violent/non-sexual ex-offenders, are thoroughly vetted and continually screened for illegal drug use. Also, they engage in a 4-6 week Career Development Training course, preparing them for interviews and providing them with a workforce skill set. Additionally, Ready4Work follows each client for one year, providing them with a case manager, job coach and often a life coach for their continued support. Since 2003, Ready4Work has partnered with more than 300 businesses in Jacksonville and the surrounding area, and has successfully placed in the workforce more than 1,500 ex-offenders. The success of the program is measured not only by the number of individuals placed with employers, but with their retention with employers and the feedback we receive. The program has a 70 percent retention rate within the first year of a client’s employment, far exceeding standard retention rates. Employers often report experiences with participants as positive, citing their high-motivation and excellent training.
If you are interested in becoming a business partner with Operation New Hope’s Ready4Work program, please call a Ready4Work Account Executive at 904.425.6002 or click here.
- National Recidivism Rate 70%
- Ready4Work Recidivism Rate 15%
- Ready4Work Retention Rate 70%
Hiring an ex-offender, for many employers, is often seen as a risk and we at Operation New Hope understand an employer’s reluctance and perspective. We have created a program that addresses the problems, concerns and expectations surrounding employing ex-offenders.
Bonds will only be issued when the employer confirms that the job seeker will be hired.
Bonds are issued instantly to be in effect the day that the applicant is scheduled to start work; the bonds are self-terminating (no termination paperwork needed), and the employer does not sign any papers in order to receive the bond free of charge The bond insurance issued ranges from $5,000 to $25,000 in coverage for a 6-month period with no deductible amount (employer gets 100% insurance coverage). When this bond coverage expires, continued bond coverage can be purchased from TRAVELERS by the employer if the worker demonstrated job honesty under coverage provided by The Federal Bonding Program. The Federal Bonding Program is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Labor and The McLaughlin Company, as an agent for Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America; referred to hereafter as TRAVELERS. More information about the Federal Bonding Program
- Elimination of time/expense associated with recruitment (advertisement, candidate interviews, reference screening, drug testing)
- Working within employer’s hiring guidelines/qualifications for timely placement
- Replacement for underperforming employees
Ready4Work employment partners are eligible to receive an IRS Work Opportunity Tax Credit, reducing employee payroll expenditures. Ready4Work impacts the community:
- Improving the local tax base, opposed to its depletion
- Providing a socially/economically viable solution to incarceration
- As a proven crime prevention mechanism, strengthening the social fabric of the community
Become a Life Coach
If you are interested in learning more about Operation New Hope Ready4Work’s Life Coaching program or wish to become a life coach, please contact our Life Coach Coordinator at 904.425.6002 or click here.
- 21 years of age
- No felony conviction (within last year)
- Not actively on probation/parole
- Complete one 4-hour training class
- One year commitment
- Submit to background check
- History of mentorship
- Ready4Work mentor program/program partners
- Communication skills
- Common behavioral characteristics
- Concepts & practices of mentoring
- Qualities a good mentor
- Program rules
- Working through challenging situations