What is Breaking the Cycle?
Children of ex-offenders are more likely to become offenders themselves. Operation New Hope is redirecting the path they’ve been given by providing the emotional and financial stability the need to succeed.
Help break the cycle. Give them hope.
Breaking the Cycle is a full-scale economic development initiative aimed at the reunification of families and improving the outcomes for children of ex-offenders. The goal of this initiative is to make the reunification of family possible and to provide financial and emotional stability for the children.
How does Breaking the Cycle work?
- Creates a supportive process where parents are willing to work to provide both financial and emotional support to their children.
- Provides job skills, parenting and life skills training. Plus, family counseling.
- Assists parents in finding a living wage so they can provide and maintain a stable home life.
- Allows parents and children the important opportunity to rebuild their relationships.
Want to lean more about about donating to Breaking the Cycle? Please call us at 904.425.6002 or visit our Giving Hope page.
Why is Breaking the Cycle important?
- Children of ex-offenders are more likely to become offenders themselves.
- These efforts will eventually lead to Breaking the Cycle of financial instability and unlawful activity.
- By improving the day-to-day life of the child, Operation New Hope is confident the future outcomes of the child will be ultimately improved.
- Breaking the Cycle will lead to a safer, more productive community, taxpayer savings due to lower incarceration rates, and an overall improvement of the economic and social welfare of all citizens.
- Operation New Hope has successfully helped over 2,500 ex-offenders reenter the workforce and indirectly served their 7,200 children by improving the child support statistics by 70 percent.
Ex-offenders reentered in the workforce
Children indirectly served
Child support improved
Breaking the Cycle Partners
The Bridge of Northeast Florida Inc. is a unique 501(c)(3) agency whose goal is to provide the children that live in some of Jacksonville’s most crime infested, impoverished neighborhoods with the opportunities they need to overcome barriers and to support them as they aspire to better their lives. Click here for more information about the Bridge of Northeast Florida.
- The Distinguished Red Coats of THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA Tour
- Fanny Landwirth Foundation
- Edna Sproull Williams Foundation
- Holland & Knight Committee for the Public Good
- Neviaser Charitable Foundation
- Petway Family Foundation
- David Stein Family Foundation
- University of North Florida Campaigns Class Fall 2012
Become a Donor
Insure that the cycle of incarceration is broken and children of ex-offenders have a real chance at a normal life.
Create an environment where parents are willing to work to provide the proper support their families need.
Provide programs that teach parents not only job skills, but parenting and life skills, as well as family counseling.
To make a financial contribution to Breaking the Cycle,
please click donate below or visit our Give Hope page:
|Certified Vocational Training in Local High Demand Industry|
|Summer Camp Fees for 25 Children|
|Case Management, Stipend and Life Coaching for Client|
|Life Skills and Parent Readiness Training for Client|
|One Hour Counseling Session for Family|
|Family Recreation Outing|
|Summer Reading Program Incentive|
|Parent Involvement Incentive|
By making a legacy gift to Operation New Hope, you are ensuring our future while also leaving a lasting legacy. You may choose to support the ONH’s general operating endowment, or a more specified program. All planned gifts will assist in continuing our mission of HOPE.
For more information about how your legacy can be one of HOPE, please contact your attorneys, accountants or financial planners to learn more about your planned giving options and how these options will work in your specific financial situation. These professionals may also project how each option would affect your taxes, savings and legacy planning.