“I was mad at first, but it (Ready4Work) made me learn you can fall down and make it to the top…"
President Barack Obama talks about his plan for faith based community programs, including Ready4Work, in Zanesville, OH on July 1, 2008.
Breaking the Cycle
Our Ready4Work program has provided thousands of individuals with the tools necessary to rebuild their lives. Now, Operation New Hope has launched Breaking the Cycle to expand our focus to include their families.
What is Breaking the Cycle?
Breaking the Cycle is a full-scale economic development initiative aimed at the reunification of families and improving the outcomes for children of ex-offenders. The goal of this initiative is to make the reunification of family possible and to provide financial and emotional stability for the children.
Operation New Hope’s Breaking the Cycle program will improve the lives of Jacksonville’s children with incarcerated or ex-offender parents and break the cycle of generational recidivism by providing early intervention and treatment services for children and the families that care for them.
Why is Breaking the Cycle important?
- Children of ex-offenders are more likely to become offenders themselves.
- These efforts will eventually lead to Breaking the Cycle of financial instability and unlawful activity.
- By improving the day-to-day life of the child, Operation New Hope is confident the future outcomes of the child will be ultimately improved.
- Breaking the Cycle will lead to a safer, more productive community, taxpayer savings due to lower incarceration rates, and an overall improvement of the economic and social welfare of all citizens.
- Operation New Hope has successfully helped over 2,500 ex-offenders reenter the workforce and indirectly served their 7,200 children by improving the child support statistics by 70 percent.
How does Breaking the Cycle work?
- Creates a supportive process where parents are willing to work to provide both financial and emotional support to their children.
- Provides job skills, parenting and life skills training. Plus, family counseling.
- Assists parents in finding a living wage so they can provide and maintain a stable home life.
- Allows parents and children the important opportunity to rebuild their relationships.
- The Distinguished Red Coats of THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA Tour
- Fanny Landwirth Foundation
- Holland & Knight Committee for the Public Good
- Gasper and Irene Lazzara Charitable Foundation
- Murray Family Gift Fund
- Neviaser Family Foundation
- Petway Family Foundation
- David Stein Family Foundation
- University of North Florida Campaigns Class Fall 2012
- Weaver Family Fund
The Bridge of Northeast Florida Inc. is a unique 501 © (3) agency whose goal is to provide the children that live in some of Jacksonville’s most crime infested, impoverished neighborhoods with the opportunities they need to overcome barriers and to support them as they aspire to better their lives. Click here http://www.bridgejax.com/ for more information about the Bridge of Northeast Florida